Working closely with industry, government and non-government stakeholders is critical to our success as a regulator. We are committed to making it easy for stakeholders to engage with us and, while every consultation is unique, we aim to:
- provide information about our public consultation processes and practical guidance on the different ways to make a submission
- allow reasonable time frames to make a submission—consultations are generally open for four to six weeks
- explain the policy or regulatory change
- prepare a regulation impact statement if there is a significant effect on business
- acknowledge receipt of submissions
- post copies or a summary of submissions online, as appropriate
- respond to submissions online, by email or by phone, as appropriate and where a claim to confidentiality is not sought
- outline information about decision-making processes and outcomes, where appropriate.
Upcoming consultations, including indicative timings, are published as dates are known.